8.29.2008

Tons of Tomatoes

A couple of days ago my mom brought over a couple bags of fresh summer tomatoes from her garden. Oh my are they beautiful! She brought huge red and yellow tomatoes plus some little cherry tomatoes. For dinner that night we cut a couple up and dressed them with some basil and dill and ate them with cottage cheese. It was so good and fresh!

I still have a ton of tomatoes left and I don't know what else to do with them! They are great on sandwiches and such but i don't know many good recipes with the tomato as the main ingredient, besides caprese salad. Right now they are sitting pretty on my kitchen counter but before I know it they will go bad, and thats no good. So I need your help.

Do any of you have a good tomato recipe to share? If not i'll be eating tomatoes and cottage cheese for lunch the rest of the week! :)

2 comments:

Pam said...

There is nothing better than home grown tomatoes. I love how simple this recipe is and yet how tasty.

Anonymous said...

those look to die for! :)